Thank you for joining us in a day of prayer for Oceanside.
We have provided this guide to assist us in an hour of prayer. We’re recommending that you spend about 2 minutes on each of the following prompts during your hour of prayer.
You can also listen to an audio version of this prayer guide by clicking on the play button right here:
- “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things and by your will they existed and were created.” Spend the next two minutes praising God for who He is.
- Spend the next two minutes praising God for what He has done in your life.
- Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted in among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Take some time now to be quiet before the Lord and allow Him to speak to you in the silence as you stand in awe of who He is.
- “Search me O God and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any grievous way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.” Take a few minutes to ask God to search your heart and reveal areas of sin and bitterness that you may confess to Him.
- Ephesians 4:32 says, “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Spend the next two minutes confessing any unforgiveness that you may have toward anyone.
- Take some time now to thank God for saving you and forgiving you, and ask Him to stir up in you a heart of compassion for others.
- Paul encourages us in Philippians 4:6 to “not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” In that Spirit, let us take a few minutes now to pray for the two big issues that affected our community and our country. Pray first for racial reconciliation and peace in our community….that we would all grow in greater love, respect and understanding for one another. And also, pray for those who have been impacted by Covid-19 either through the loss of a loved one or experiencing lingering effects of the disease. Pray for comfort and healing.
- Let’s turn our hearts to Oceanside by praying for City Leadership, our mayor, and city council members. Pray that they would make wise decisions to protect the public, foster economic recovery, provide necessary infrastructure and make Oceanside a place for the next generation to flourish.
- Now take a couple of minutes to pray for our public servants, the Oceanside Police and Fire Department personnel that they would be strengthened and encouraged. Pray for their safety and the safety of the public. Pray for greater respect between police and all members of the community. Pray especially for more people to join the police department to fill this vital role in our city.
- Spend the next two minutes praying for our children and our schools. Pray for them to recover and thrive in their education and have hope for the future. Pray for godly teachers and administrators in our schools who will promote values in keeping with God’s values. Pray for those who make decisions about curriculum in the public schools. Pray that every child would be noticed and cared for.
- Spend the next two minutes praying for families in Oceanside. Pray for healing of marriages. Pray for the hearts of children to be turned toward their parents and parents toward their children. Pray for single parents to have the strength and wisdom and resources to raise and provide for their children in the midst of their circumstance.
- Spend the next couple of minutes praying for those who have are struggling with finances. Pray for God’s provision of employment and aid to all who are in need. Pray for our daily bread.
- Let’s spend the next two minutes praying for the businesses of Oceanside. Pray that those who were hurt by the shut downs will be able to fully return to business and be able to hire all the workers they need. Pray for more business to come to the city of Oceanside.
- Pray for the people in Oceanside experiencing homelessness. Pray for freedom from addiction and healing of mind and body. Pray for them to experience the love and grace of God through members of the church and community. Pray that they would have a hunger for God and be willing to receive the help that He wants to provide.
- Now spend the next two minutes praying for those organizations offering help, resources and a path forward to those experiencing homelessness, such as the Crownview Co-occuring Institute. Pray that God would raise up a detox facility in Oceanside and more sober living houses. Pray for unity, wisdom, love and respect between all organizations assisting the homeless as they work toward the same goal of improving lives.
- Spend the next two minutes praying for all members of our community who are struggling with physical illness, mental illness and addiction. Pray for God to heal and set free. Pray for the weary healthcare workers to be strengthened and renewed.
- Now let’s turn our attention to the military and their families in Oceanside. Spend the next two minutes praying for the men and women serving our country. Pray for their safety and protection. Pray for them to be equipped and encouraged. Pray that they would feel appreciated and received into our community.
- Spend the next couple of minutes praying for military families. Pray they would find caring friendships in the community, that they would be provided for and sustained especially while their loved ones are on deployment.
- For the next few minutes, pray for the churches in Oceanside to be restored and renewed. Paul writes in Ephesians 4, “I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Pray that all Christians would be of one heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Pray that we would be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and truly be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community.
- Spend the next two minutes praying for the sharing of the Gospel in our community. Pray that the members of the church would be effective and led by the Spirit to humbly share their faith with their neighbors. Pray for people return to church and even come to church for the first time. Pray for all of Oceanside to come into a saving relationship with Jesus and become His disciples.
- Spend the next two minutes waiting on the Lord and praying for whatever God puts on your heart.
- Take a moment now to bring your own needs before the Lord.
- Spend some time thanking God for the way He is meeting your needs.
- “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit , who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Let us conclude our time of prayer by again praising God for who He is and thanking Him for all He has done.